When

MW 9:30am - 11:00am

Where

Tech LR 5

Who

Chris Riesbeck

Resources

CS 394 FAQ

Accessing the Google documents

See these instructions.

Email rules

There are 3 rules for CS 394 emails:

The first and second rules are so I can find and file your emails.

The third rule is so everyone knows you emailed me, I know everyone knows, and everyone sees my reply.

Note: if you create a Google email group for team, don't forget to add me! Otherwise my reply-all will bounce.

Emails that fail to do the above will be returned for repair.

The only exception to the CC rule is when there's some personal or inter-personal issue that you don't want the team to know about. These are very rare.

If you ask a really good question, I'm likely to tell you to re-ask it in Campuswire.

Campuswire

Use Campuswire to post any and all questions about the class, JavaScript, React, etc.

Project or tutorial bug? Post the problem here. Include a link to the Github repo branch with the code that breaks. Often the cause of the problem is in some related file in your project.

Don't post screenshots when you have an error message. They waste space, can't be searched, can't be snipped and used to web search, etc. Instead, copy the full text of the error output. Paste into Campuswire inside a fenced code block.

Origin of the team names

In winter, the clients for CS 394 come from the MPD2 program. Those students were traditionally organized into six or seven teams, with the names Aqua, Blue, Green, etc. For simplicity, CS 394 developer teams are named the same, and will work for the client team of the same name.